Sex dating in bromley kent Wb kolkataxxxvideo
Each class of inmates — men, women, boys,and girls — occupied its respective division of the house, with an appropriate airing-ground behind.
The nursing staff comprised 63 female and 4 male nurses, plus other officers and servants.
In 1868-70, a much larger infirmary was erected at the north of the workhouse site on the ground previously used for the workhouse's gardens.
It comprised four three-storey ward pavilions linked to a central four-storey administration block. © Peter Higginbotham After 1886, when a new workhouse was opened at Garratt lane, St John's took on the role of union infirmary.
The parish of Holy Trinity, Clapham, opened a workhouse in around 1732.
A parliamentary report of 1776 listed parish workhouses in operation in Battersea (accommodating up to 70 inmates), Putney (70), Streatham (30), and Wandsworth (120).